From the Piazza di San Michele to the west along via Bernardo Ricci, full of medieval and Renaissance houses: on the left, after the Town Hall, the beautiful Fieschi Ricci house, with its large slate portal and other finely decorated and characterized internal portals. from inscriptions with quotations from biblical and classical passages; the house has, in the alley that flanks it on the left, the wall made of small stone blocks (11th-12th centuries) in which a beautiful single lancet window with a crutch capital opens up. This house is followed by some loggias and houses used by modern commercial activities.
On the opposite side, after the Loggia of the Palazzo Vecchio del Comune, one side of the episcopal palace overlooks via Bernardo Ricci, which has a tower with a high stone face at the corner; the fifteenth-century facade of the building follows, decorated with frescoes with an inscription in the center that refers it to 1463, by the bishop Napoleone Fieschi.
You reach the characteristic loggia "dei Quattro Canti", the intersection of the maximum cardine and the decumano, the main streets of the Roman city; the loggia, opened to widen the road network, is dated, in the fourteenth century, to years of transition denounced by the two arches, one round and the other already with a pointed arch. The intersection is dominated by two towers each controlling a stretch of the road; much older is the Della Lengueglia-Lodolo D'Oria tower, with its high stone facing later broken down to insert fourteenth-century mullioned windows, and the Della Lengueglia-Rolandi Ricci tower that almost faces it, dated to a more recent period by the facing stone of much shorter height, in large, well-squared ashlars.