The origins of Albenga
The large amount of museums and objects exhibited in Albenga is synonymous with a great history. Albenga was an ally of the Carthaginians against Rome during the Second Punic War (III century) and became the naval base of Magone, an ally of Rome against Genoa. Conquered by Rome in 181 BC by the proconsul L. Emilio Paolo, it obtained Roman citizenship in 45 BC. Destroyed at the beginning of the fifth century by the barbarians , it was rebuilt in 415 by Costanzo, general of Honorius, and surrounded by walls, becoming the seat bishop with the bishop Quinzio in 451. After the year 1000 he participated in the first Crusade and in the struggles for dominance in the Tyrrhenian Sea. It was subsequently the lordship of the Del Carretto di Finale, the Visconti (1355-79), the French (1396-1413). Occupied by the Savoy in 1625 and in 1746 under Napoleon it was the capital of the jurisdiction of the Centa and the provincial capital under the Kingdom of Sardinia (1815-1863).
The new IAT at the Sala dei Consoli inside the Civic Tower it includes the unified ticket office of three museums (Magiche Trasparenze, Navale Romano and Multimedia Center) and archaeological sites while access to the Ingauno Civic Museum, in the same location, is free and free.
To contact the IAT office: 335.5366406
Furthermore, the information point of the IAT network located in Piazza del Popolo, at Caffè literario ai giardinetti, is always available, whose telephone number is 0182 558444 .
The historical and cultural heritage of the city of Albenga is managed by the Gian Maria Oddi Foundation .
IAT Museum Ticket Office Online Ticket Office Call IAT