Depicted in various views of Albenga, the Torre Peloso Cepolla is located on the corner between piazza S. Michele and via Cavour. The Tower is named by the historians of Albenga with the name of the owner Vittoria Cepolla Lengueglia , since in the seventeenth century, the Cepollas were related to the della Lengueglia ones due to the marriage of Vittoria Cepolla with Bonifacio della Lengueglia; it was only in 1661 for the marriage of Vittoria Lengueglia Cepolla to Gio. Antonio Peloso that the new lineage of the Peloso Cepolla family was formed and then extinguished in 1880.
The Tower, left as an inheritance in 1947 to the Municipality of Albenga by Dr. Agostino Nicolari, starting from 1958, underwent some restoration operations that allowed to bring it back in part to its medieval aspect. The original elements of the Tower coexist harmoniously with the Baroque ones along the entire structure and are an evident sign of the changes that the Tower has undergone over time. In the base, made of large blocks of Pogli stone, the original entrance portal opens up.
Characteristics of the tower are the numerous false windows that are found along its structure. Particular on the west front is the rectangular window with a frame of worked slate, on the bottom of which a curtain and a lady are painted; while above the portal a false window breaks through the stone facing on the outside; on it we find a grate painted. The structure of the Tower is interrupted by the cornice of the building, above which the exposed brick masonry resumes.
On the second floor we find a sixteenth-century portal in Finale stone with the Cipolla coat of arms in the center; a little higher up, an opening from an imprecise period allows access to the upper part of the Tower.
The Tower, adapted in the 1600s for residential use, now houses the offices of the Ingauna Section of the International Institute of Ligurian Studies ; while in the upper part there are attics and wooden stairs that allow access to the top of the tower adapted to a terrace.
The parapet that surrounds it closed the possibly original Guelph battlements that can be glimpsed today. Due to its characteristics, the Tower can be dated between the end of the 13th and the beginning of the 14th century.